Friday, September 27, 2013

Author Feature Friday Skye Turner....



Hey guys we would like to thank Skye Turner for being our Feature Friday Author!! I got the pleasure of reading her amazing book and getting to know just how truly amazing she is and now you guys can get to know her to:)  Xoxox Raquel 



Links to buy. 
E-books: Kindle, Nook, Smashwords, iTunes (Still not up), & Kobo $2.99





Paperback from Amazon OR CreateSpace. $14.99

SIGNED Paperback with a bookmark and a rack cover card from my online store (http://skyeturnerauthor.storenvy.com/) OR from me (I'll have a few at home) $15.00 + $4.00 if I have to ship it!


Well here's my review I love love this book!!!

5 stars of beautiful bliss..Lexi is a smart,gorgeous business owner who's life is complete she has two amazing best friends Erik and Bradi and a successful business who could ask for anything more. When the gorgeous rock star Jude  who happens to be the lead singer of the hottest rock band in the world Bayou Stix decides to make an appearance back into her life. Lexi's world falls apart all around her when old feelings for this gorgeous man resurface along with the fear of being hurt. If your looking for a HOT HOT read where the men are Hotter and the sex scenes leave your panties damp look no more cause this book has it all. This book had me laughing, lusting and outright wishing to be Lexi for one night! Alluring Turmoil had me hooked from the first page and left me begging for more... If you love rock stars then you must meet Jude but hands off cause he's mine.....




Author Interview


Where are you from?
Just outside of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I'm Smalltown, Louisiana all the way. 

Tell us your latest news?
I'm engrossed in writing Book 2 of Bayou Stix and it's very very steamy. 

When and why did you begin writing?
I've always written in some form or another. As a teenager, I carried around a notebook and wrote poetry, but it was just for me. A diary of sorts. I went to school for Journalism, and I've written articles off and on over the years. As far as writing a novel, Alluring Turmoil is my first foray into that. I sat down a few months back and decided to get the story out of my head. But I never thought, "Oh, I'm going to be an author when I grow up. Never."When did you first consider yourself a writer?
That's a tough question. I do write, so I am a writer. I was actually just having this conversation with a childhood friend and like I told him, I'm not certain I do yet. I'm doing great. I have no complaints at all. I've completely surpassed all of my own expectations and I'm so humbled by the reception Alluring Turmoil is getting. But... right now it still feels like a dream. I'm still processing.

What inspired you to write your first book?
Another writer, Nicole Deese. I'd read her first book and reached out to her because the book just touched a chord with me. It was an inspirational romance, so nothing at all like my books, but it was so real. She and I became friendly and when her second book came out, I devoured it. Seeing her write about what was important to her inspired me to get my own ideas out of my head. 

Do you have a specific writing style?
I do. My style is not really like any other I've ever seen. I write dual points of view in every chapter. I like it and I think the readers like it since you get a little of what both people are feeling about the same situation. It gives more insight into the characters I think.
I also tend to write like I speak. I've been both praised and criticized for it, though most people seem to like it.
How did you come up with the title of Alluring Turmoil?
I originally wanted to call the book Beautiful Chaos. But there is another very popular book with that title and there are SO many "Beautiful..." books out there. I wanted to stand out, so I played around with it and after about 100 variations, Alluring Turmoil just stuck.
Who is your favorite Character and Why?
My favorite character in this book is actually Erik. He's the friend everyone wants but he's also not stereotypical. I love him. Everyone seems to love him. He's so easy to love.
But my absolute favorite character in the books is only mentioned in Book 1. He'll have his own book very soon and I cannot wait for that!
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Communicate! Ignoring issues doesn't make them go away. Feelings might be hurt, but always be honest with those you care about. Small things can turn into big things if they are not dealt with promptly.How much of the book is realistic?
I think most of the book is realistic. It deals with real places, the characters could be people anyone knows, and the issues are real.
Some of my life and the lives of my friends are written into the story and a lot of the characters have characteristics of myself and those I know or have known.
Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
Some of the situations are based on real life events, but most of it is fiction. 

What books have most influenced your life most?
I've read Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Great Gatsby, and To Kill a Mockingbird probably  20 times in my life. And I don't reread books, ever. I love these classics and the values and lessons they teach.If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Nora Roberts, hands down. She's amazing and I would totally fangirl over her! She has success that people only dream about. And she's so versatile. I love her. 

What book are you reading now?
I'm actually reading 2 ARC's by friends of mine and Beautiful Strangers by Glenna Maynard. One is Wicked Wind 2 by Sharon Kay a paranormal romance that is so hot! The second is Ditching the Dream by Isabelle Peterson. I don't even know how to describe it, other than it's naughty and so hot. 

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
I love Indie Authors.
I've discovered some amazeballs writers recently and I'm friends with several of them, which is so cool to me. I fangirl over my friends.
LL Collins, Sharon Kay, Penelope Douglas, Laramie Briscoe, Morgan Jane Mitchell, Glenna Maynard, Alina Man... I could keep going. Lol
What are your current projects?
I'm working on Alluring Seduction, Book 2 Bayou Stix and I'm also working on a standalone novel that has nothing to do with rock stars that will probably be released between Books 3 and 4. 

Do you see writing as a career?
Right now, I see it as something I like to do that people seem to like. But yes, I can see it as a career. :)If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Probably not. It was my first, so obviously as I write more I'll grow, but no. I'm proud of what I put out with Alluring Turmoil.Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
Honestly, I just sat down and said, "Ok Jude and Lexi, let's get you out of my head."  I never intended to let anyone read it on a grand scale.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Book 2 is about Jessie, Bayou Stix's lead guitar and Blue, a reporter for Rock Hard Magazine. You see an introduction to them in Alluring Turmoil, but man these two are electric.
This is a very rough draft, but here's  a sneak peek of Alluring Seduction. 

Bradi watches me before breaking the silence. “So, what the hell happened? Where’s Blue?”

I gesture towards the hallway. “Out there somewhere I’m sure.”

Lexi sits up on Jude’s lap, all of the guys just stare at me, and Bradi shoots me a glare, “What do you mean ‘out there somewhere’? You left her out there? Did you even find her? Shit… I have her room key and her purse. I’m going find her. Dammit, Jessie!”

Lexi says, “Dammit, Jessie!” She shoots me the evil eye. “I’m going with you, Bradi!”

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Oh my yes. Capturing the emotion is very difficult but the sex scenes are extremely hard to write.Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Nora Roberts is my far my favorite author of all time. I love that she's so versatile in her writing. She can write about anything and make it completely real and relateable.Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
My books are based out of Louisiana, where I'm from, so I do travel, but it's mostly throughout the state. I like that I can incorporate bits and pieces of my state and our culture in the books. If I can introduce the beauty of Louisiana and make someone want to visit, that makes me so happy.Who designed the covers?
Kari at Cover to Cover Designs did my cover and my swag and she's amazing! It's like she went into my head and pulled out my visual and made it a reality. 

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The sex scenes! And knowing that I was opening myself up for criticism. It's scary to put yourself out there and wait to see how your work will be received.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
LOL, yes. I learned that writing is hard! I don't think I ever understood everything that goes into getting a book out there. Writing is just the first step and it's an emotional roller coaster

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Just write. Even if you don't think anyone will ever see it, write. Always support other writers. And thank the people who buy your books. Without them, you'd be nothing. 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Just thank you for taking this journey with me. It means more than you'll ever know and I so appreciate each and every one of you who are falling as in love with my characters as I am.
Thank you for being Rock Stars!
End of Interview Questions
Skye Turner





Skye Turner is an avid reader and an editor turned writer.
She attended Southeastern Louisiana University and Louisiana State University where she majored in Mass Communications, centering her studies in Journalism.
She lives in small town Louisiana with her husband, 2 children, and 4 fur babies.
When she's not chained to her laptop pounding out sexy stories she can usually be found playing Supermom, reading, gardening (playing in the dirt), listening to music and dancing like a fool, or catching up on her family oriented blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment