Friday, November 1, 2013

Monica James Featured Author

 
BUY LINKS

Synopsis

Singapore has stolen a piece of Ava Thompson.

It took one life shattering moment, for her to realize, her EX is not the man she believed him to be. Returning home to Los Angeles was never going to be easy for Ava. Her heart has been shattered to smithereens and she’s convinced it’ll never heal. Or, so she thought.

Enter Jasper White.

Unbeknown to Ava, Jasper White will change her life forever.

The attraction is instantaneous which troubles Ava, who has sworn off men indefinitely. But, she is finding resisting Jasper, with his tousled bedroom hair and piercing cerulean eyes, harder than she ever imagined. And that’s because Jasper knows what he wants, and he wants Ava.

But, can Ava surrender to her feelings for the one man who compels her to love again? Because, what happens if love does not triumph all? What happens if love isn’t enough?

Recommended for 17 and up due to language and sexual situations.

Review
5 Stars of Surrendering! Holy Fucken Hotness this book is amazing!! Ava moves to Singapore to start a life with a man she thought was her world when he decides she is not what he wants anymore and leaves her standing speechless in a bar alone. Ava picks up and heads to L.A to stay with her best friend and is trying to mend her broken heart. When sexy Jasper walks into her life. Ava feels that she cant have these feeling so soon because she doesn't want to end up with a broken heart before shes even recovered from the first one. Jasper will not give up Ava is what he wants and he is determined to have her. I surrender definitely had me surrendering and begging for more. Jasper has indefinitely been added to my list of mouth watering book boyfriends.  This book is hot, fun and just outright amazing. Good thing book two is out cause I will definitely be sinking my teeth in some more Ava and Jasper.
 
Synopsis
Ava Thompson left the love of her life, Jasper White, to unearth her destiny. Even though the decision was the toughest of her life, it was the only way for Ava to grow into the woman she’s always wanted to become.

Sadly, that destiny has led her back to the place that broke her.

Singapore.

And more importantly, it has led her back to the man who broke her.

Harper.

She has her reasons why, and when she finally decides on returning back to the United States, to Los Angeles, where she left Jasper, she realized things have changed. People have changed.

Recommended for 17 and up due to language and sexual situations.



 Author BIO
Monica James spent her youth devouring the works of Anne Rice, William Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson. Listening to the likes of Elvis to Fiona Apple and everything in between has been her inspirational tool to write. Her varied musical and literary tastes have shaped her into the writer she has become. Monica partook in extra Literature and Writing studies in High School. She studied a Bachelor of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at La Trobe University Victoria, Australia, majoring in Philosophy and Cinema Studies for three years. Monica James has just had her first novel, paperback and eBook editions, published through theEDGEbooks. The novel is entitled I Surrender, and is the first book in a trilogy. Her second book, Surrender to Me, was released October 21st 2013. I Surrender, on the first day of release, charted at #38 on Amazon’s Hot New Coming of Age Bestselling Releases List. Surrender to Me has been on amazon’s best sellers list UK and USA. Monica is attending her first signing at Rockin’ the Holidays Indie Readers Bash in Anaheim, USA on 2nd November 2013. When she is not writing, Monica is running her own business, but always finds a balance between the two. Monica enjoys reading honest, heartfelt and turbulent stories that leave an imprint on her. She put pen to paper because she wanted to write a book that she would want to read. She draws inspiration from her surroundings, hopeful others enjoy reading about the world as she sees it.


Author Interview



  
What were you like at school?
I was a nerd… sad, but true!

Were you good at English?
I LOVED English! I don’t know if I was good at it LOL But English was one of the classes where I enjoyed every single lesson.

What was your most embarrassing moment??
Ever? Gee, that’s hard as I have a lot. I am an absolute klutz, and tend to fall over A LOT. So any time I have fallen over in inappropriate places, or on random people, I would classify as embarrassing.

What’s your favorite sweet??
I am a massive sweet tooth! Narrowing it down to one is hard, BUT if I had to choose, I’d have to say Lemon Meringue Pie.

Do you have any special procedure before you start writing?
Hmm...I like to drink coffee out of a special animal mug my best friend bought for me... lame, I know LOL

What was your favorite part of writing your book??
I loved how I Surrender just came together. The characters literally wrote themselves, and I loved how their stories developed, and combined, they made I Surrender the raw and real story that it is.

Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
Jasper White- god, how long do you have? Jasper is my ideal man, everything- from his artistic, genuine soul, to his piercing cerulean eyes and tousled bedroom hair. The thing about Jasper is that he doesn’t have to ‘do’ anything to make him special. He is just simply amazing because he is honest, loyal and fights for what he wants. And what he wants is Ava.

What are you working on at the minute?
I would love to take a mini break after being a total neglective recluse while writing the I Surrender Trilogy. But again, I have pesky characters, demanding I pay attention to them.
Watch this space!


Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
That’s a hard question because when I write for each of my characters, I don’t usually have a particular actor/model in mind.
I guess if I were to choose though, I see Phoebe Tonkin as my Ava. Zooey Deschanel as her best friend V. Channing Tatum with messier hair, is how I see Lucas. Alex Pettyfer as Harper, and for the menace that is Indie-I guess I see Ashley Tisdale playing her well. Now for Jasper... that’s tough. I really want to know who the readers see as Jasper ;)


When did you decide to become a writer?
There was never a standstill when I thought to myself, ‘Yes, I want to be an author.’ I feel so blessed because writing comes naturally to me, and I can think of nothing better than getting lost in my stories. I have always written, whether it was in the form of quotes, poems, or things I heard that inspired me. I always carried and still do a journal with me, so I never forget a moment I want to capture onto paper. I’m a bit old school that way, and love looking over notes I’ve written months, or years ago. I have always wanted to write and I hope it’s something I can do for the rest of my life.

Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
I try and read as much as possible, but I make it a rule not to read when I am writing, as I like to be lost in my own stories. I have so many favorite authors, it is actually beyond ridiculous. I love the classics though, so works by William Shakespeare, Jane Austen and Charles Dickens are works I revisit often.  But if I am in the mood for a bit of horror, I love reading Anne Rice and Poppy Z Brite. And then of course I love all the amazing talented authors such as Colleen Hoover, Tammara Webber, S.C Stephens, Jessica Sorensen, Sylvia Day, Gena Showalter etc.

What book/s are you reading at present?
At the moment I am reading Shooting Scars by Karina Halle. Team Camden all the way baby!! Ellie is such a badass, I heart her!

How do you relax?
I love hanging out with my menagerie of pets, because I am as passionate about animals, as I am about writing. I also love having a drink with friends, sharing great food and great conversation while laughing about absolute randomness- sounds like a perfect night to me.

What is your favorite motivational phrase.
I hope Karma slaps you in the face before I do.

What is your favorite positive saying??
“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!”
Audrey Hepburn

What is your favorite book and why?
I have three favorites, Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh because it took me days to understand the dialect, Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews because it is simply brilliant and tested some boundaries when it was written, and of course anything by Colleen Hoover- the woman is pure genius! 

What is your favorite quote?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” Dr. Seuss

What is your favorite movie and why?
Beauty and the Beast- because under the pretty Disney colors, lies a very valuable lesson on life and love.

Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Elvis!! Because no one can work those hips like him, and give me goosebumps with every word he sings.

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Sheesh, I know this is really boring but any Dr. Seuss book!! Especially, ‘Oh, The places you’ll go!’

What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Just keep at it. Seriously, all those cheesy clichés sometimes hold some truth. If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again. Best piece of advice ever, as I can totally relate to it. We all can.
If you have a dream, don’t let anyone tell you you’re not good enough to achieve it.
Thanks for this, it was fun x


Soundtrack 

I Surrender by Monica James is making history!!
For the first time ever, a soundtrack has been written to accompany a book!! The 10 track album was written by Passengers of Ego, the band starring in the novel. All songs were inspired by I Surrender, and reflect a chosen chapter in the book.
The album entitled, I Surrender is now available!!
For orders- passengersofego.bigcartel.com
Be part of history!!
Passengers of Ego are coming! https://www.facebook.com/passengersofego
I Surrender by Monica James https://www.facebook.com/authormonicajames https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17372057-i-surrender
Model: Anthony Hamelin Photographer: Lindee Robinson Photography https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lindee-Robinson-Photography/145122465514273
Monica James' publisher, theEDGEbooks.com has put together an author signing and band performance of P.O.E. to help celebrate the release of the CD at the legendary, House of Blues in Downtown Disney, Anaheim! Come out to meet Monica James and the band Nov. 2, 2013 at Rockin’ the Holidays Indie Readers Bash!


No comments:

Post a Comment